Tourism Destination Management Binus University is committed to the vision of making TDM Binus University to be best program in ASEAN in 2020 through education and training of internationally competitive managers whose skills will promote, encourage and foster regional economic development.
The mission of Tourism Department is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by :
- Educating students with a thorough competency in tourism destination business, functional and managerial skills, as well as to encourage potential students to become entrepreneurs, by providing an innovative and creative education, supported with tourism industry related work experience.
- Educating students to become tourism leaders in a diverse work environment and to prepare them for further advance studies.
- Providing professional training and consulting services in technical and managerial skills for all levels of tourism organizations, both locally and internationally.
- Improving the standards of living for Indonesians by providing community development programs and services in the tourism business and entrepreneurial sector.
- Retaining and acknowledging hospitality talents through research and bench marking which in turn will enhance the competitive advantage of the Indonesian tourism industry in South East Asia.
The curriculum in Tourism Destination Program focuses on the range of core knowledge, skills and attitudes needed by tourism sectors worldwide. Some of major subjects in Tourism Program are:
- Tourism Economics
- Tourism Geography
- Indonesian Culture, History and Heritage
- Marketing in Tourism
- Transportation and Travel Industry Management
- Tourism Destination and Planning Management
- E-Business and Digital Media for Tourism
- Event Management
- Ecotourism and Sustainable Development
- Facilities Design For Tourism Destination
- Strategic Entrepreneurship and Tourism Innovation
- Strategic Management for Tourism
Tourism Destination program also offers 5 tracks of enrichment program that allows student to gain experiential learning through related practical experiences. The enrichment program to be offered are:
- Internship Track
- Research Track
- Entrepreneurship Track
- Community Development Track
- Study Abroad Track
Last updated :